- Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- Algorithmic Game Theory
- Distributed Computing
- Combinatorial Optimization
see also DBLP
or Google Scholar.
Some Recent Papers
- Smoothness for Simultaneous Composition of Mechanisms with Admission (with B. Kodric, T. Kesselheim)
Conf. Web and Internet Economics (WINE 2016), 2016.
- Computing Equilibria in Markets with Budget-Additive Utilities. (with X. Bei, J. Garg, K. Mehlhorn)
European Symp. Algorithms (ESA 2016), pp. 8:1-8:14, 2016.
- Ascending-Price Algorithms for Unknown Markets. (with X. Bei, J. Garg)
ACM Conf. Economics and Computation (EC 2016), p. 699, 2016.
- Learning Market Parameters using Aggregate Demand Queries. (with X. Bei, W. Chen, J. Garg, X. Sun)
AAAI Conf. Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-16), pp. 411-417, 2016.
- Combinatorial Auctions with Conflict-Based Externalities. (with Y. K. Cheung, M. Henzinger, M. Starnberger)
Conf. Web and Internet Economics (WINE 2015), pp. 230-243, 2015.
- Maintaining Near-Popular Matchings. (with S. Bhattacharya, C.-C. Huang, T. Kavitha, L. Wagner)
Intl. Colloq. on Automata, Languages and Programming (ICALP 2015), vol. II, pp. 504-515, 2015.
- Secretary Markets with Local Information. (with N. Chen, M. Künnemann, C. Lin, P. Miao)
Intl. Colloq. on Automata, Languages and Programming (ICALP 2015), vol. II, pp. 516-527, 2015.
Further Selected Papers
- Truthful Mechanism Design via Correlated Tree Rounding. (with Y. Azar, I. Maor, R. Reiffenhäuser, B. Vöcking)
ACM Conf. on Economics and Computation (EC 2015), pp. 415-432, 2015.
Full version in Math. Programming, to appear.
- Hedonic Coalition Formation in Networks. (with D. Vaz, L. Wagner)
AAAI Conf. Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-15), pp. 929-935, 2015.
- Online Independent Set Beyond the Worst-Case: Secretaries, Prophets, and Periods. (with O. Göbel, T. Kesselheim, T. Schleiden, B. Vöcking) (Best Paper Track C)
Intl. Colloq. on Automata, Languages and Programming (ICALP 2014), vol. II, pp. 508-519, 2014.
- Jamming-Resistant Learning in Wireless Networks. (with J. Dams, T. Kesselheim)
Intl. Colloq. on Automata, Languages and Programming (ICALP 2014), vol. II, pp. 447-458, 2014.
Full version in IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking 24(5):2809-2818, 2016.
- Routing Games with Progressive Filling. (with T. Harks, K. Schewior, A. Skopalik)
IEEE Conf. Computer Communications (INFOCOM 2014), pp. 352-360, 2014.
Full version IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking 24(4):2553-2562, 2016.
- Truthfulness and Stochastic Dominance with Monetary Transfers. (with T. Kesselheim, B. Vöcking)
ACM Conf. on Electronic Commerce (EC 2013), pp. 567-582, 2013.
Full version ACM Transactions on Economics and Computation 4(2), article 11, 2016.
- Local Matching Dynamics in Social Networks. (Best Paper Track C)
Intl. Colloq. on Automata, Languages and Programming (ICALP 2011), vol. II, pp. 113-124, 2011
Full version Information & Computation 222:20-35, 2013.
- Convergence Time of Power-Control Dynamics. (with J. Dams, T. Kesselheim)
Intl. Colloq. on Automata, Languages and Programming (ICALP 2011), vol. II, pp. 637-649, 2011.
Full version IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications 30(11):2231-2237, 2012.
- Distributed Selfish Load Balancing on Networks. (with P. Berenbrink, T. Sauerwald)
ACM-SIAM Symp. Discrete Algorithms (SODA 2011), pp. 1487-1497, 2011.
Full version ACM Transactions on Algorithms 11(1), article 2, 2014.
- Computing Pure Nash and Strong Equilibria in Bottleneck Congestion Games. (with T. Harks, M. Klimm, A. Skopalik)
European Symp. Algorithms (ESA 2010), pp. 29-38, 2010.
Full version Math. Programming 141(1-2):193-215, 2013.
- On Modularity Clustering. (with U. Brandes, D. Delling, M. Gaertler, R. Görke, Z. Nikoloski, D. Wagner)
IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering
- The UflLib - a benchmark library for uncapacitated facility location.
- Independent Research Group Leader (W2) within Cluster of Excellence MMCI, Saarbrücken, Germany (since 10/2012)
- Senior Researcher and Coordinator of the Algorithmic Game Theory Group at Max-Planck-Institut für Informatik (since 01/2013)
- Assistant Professor (W1) at RWTH Aachen University, Germany (2011-12)
- PostDoc at Stanford University, USA (2008)
- Research Associate at RWTH Aachen University, Germany (2007-2011)
- Ph.D. (Dr.rer.nat) in Computer Science at Universität Konstanz, Germany (2007)
- M.Sc. (Dipl.-Inf.) in Computer Science at TU Clausthal, Germany (2004)
- Program and Conference Chair of SAGT 2015.
- Program Committees:
- Recent Invited Talks and Tutorials:
OR 2016, Hamburg, Germany, Sep. 2016.
Game Theory Workshop, Bonn, Germany, Dec. 2015.
Dagstuhl Seminar Dynamic Traffic Models in Transportation Science, Dagstuhl, Germany, Oct. 2015.
Workshop on Realistic Models for Algorithms in Wireless Networks, Kyoto, Japan, Jul. 2015.
Clusters, Games and Axioms, Lorentz Center, Leiden, Netherlands, Jun. 2015.
COST Action IC1205 Meeting on Fair Division and Matching, Glasgow, UK, Apr. 2015.
Indo-German Workshop on Algorithms, Kolkata, India, Mar. 2015.
- PhD Selection Committee of MPII
- My Erdös number is 3: Hoefer - Wagner - Kratsch - Erdös