Effective Computational Geometry
Theory and Practice of
Implementing Geometric Algorithms
- Course Announcement and Course Overview
- The class meets Tuesday and Thursday from 1:30 to 3:00 pm in room 024 (MPI building).
The course starts on October 23rd.
- Tutorials: You will be given an exercise sheet every other week. You are supposed to
turn in your solutions in writing. The solutions will be graded and discussed
The tutorials take place Monday, 2 - 4 pm in room 024
and Tuesday, 11 am - 1 pm in room 023
- Exam: The grade for this course will be based on an oral exam. The 20 minutes oral
exams are tentatively scheduled for March 1st. There will be a second date
near the beginning of the summer term. The second date is for all participants
which either failed at the first attempt, or missed the first date, or want
to improve their grade. If you choose to redo the exam, the grade of the
second attempt counts, i.e., you may also worsen you grade.
In order to be admitted for the exam you must work on the exercises and
participate in the tutorials. More precisely, you must reach 40\% of the points
on the exercises.
- Mailing List: There is a mailing list for the participants of the course.
You can sign up either through your
or by sending
- Exercise 1, ps, Exercise1.lw
- Exercise 2, ps
- Exercise 3, ps
- Exercise 4, ps
- Exercise 5, ps
- Exercise 6, ps
- Exercise 7, ps
- Exercise 8, ps
- Exercise 9, ps
- Exercise 10, ps
- Exercise 11, ps, makefile, nef_2d.C, nef_2d_result.C
- Course Notes
- Student Projects, FOPRA, Diplomarbeiten, PhD topics
- Additional Material
Prof. Dr. Kurt Mehlhorn
Max-Planck-Institut für Informatik
Algorithms and Complexity Group (AG1)